LDS Church reportedly in talks to write LGBT non-discrimination bill in Utah

Right-wing

By Scottie Thomaston

UPDATE 1:40PM ET: Another report says the language was finalized and the bill passed out of a Senate committee.

The Mormon Church is reportedly working on language for a statewide LGBT non-discrimination bill in Utah. The church supported a similar bill in 2009, according to a report:

The church actually endorsed a similar ordinance in 2009 in Salt Lake City.

This is momentous, surely, but the Mormon faith, whether real or done for politics, is changing. In December, Mormon leaders launched a website called mormonsandgays.org, and the church stressed that homosexuality is not a choice, that all the brothers and sisters need to be treated with compassion, that we all “need to love one another.”

The church is well-known for its efforts to pass Prop 8 banning marriage equality in California.

The Salt Lake Tribune first broke the news on Thursday. According to their story:

Sen. Curt Bramble, R-Provo, opened a bill file on Thursday — the last day to request attorneys draft legislation — titled Housing and Employment Amendments and will sponsor the legislation should an agreement be reached.

The newspaper notes that talks have been ongoing for the past eight months and there is not a bill yet, though other sources suggest that all the parties to the negotiations are close to final language. The report suggests that if the LDS church signs on to the bill’s language, it’s likely to pass.

• 1. suwios.Pl  |  May 6, 2013 at 8:01 am

A second benefit to software is Trinium’s Availability Manager unit.

• 2. Lan  |  May 19, 2013 at 10:22 am

Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why
    but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

• 3. United States Pools  |  July 8, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Hi there, after reading this awesome piece of writing i am also delighted to share my familiarity here with colleagues.

• 4. www.speedycarbuying.com  |  July 10, 2013 at 10:55 pm

With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of
    plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a lot
    of exclusive content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any ways to help reduce content from being ripped off? I’d certainly appreciate it.

• 5. compensation lawyer melbourne  |  July 18, 2013 at 6:16 pm

What i don’t realize is actually how you’re no longer actually much more neatly-appreciated than you might be right now.
    You are so intelligent. You know therefore significantly when
    it comes to this subject, made me in my opinion consider it from
    a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs great. All the time take care of it up!

• 6. car games  |  July 19, 2013 at 1:57 am

Incredible points. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the good
    effort.

• 7. nicorette anti smoking reviews  |  July 22, 2013 at 12:58 am

Dude…solid site you got right here. A lot of high-quality information in addition to
    useful insight!!! Do you provide any type of well written articles concerning cigarettes holder?

Here is my site … nicorette anti smoking reviews

• 8. mysurvey  |  August 4, 2013 at 5:13 am

Hi to all, how is all, I think every one is getting more from this
    website, and your views are good for new people.

• 9. Wollongong Church  |  December 10, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Mormon church sure does have a voice in Utah

• 10. Compensation Lawyer Parramatta  |  February 18, 2014 at 7:00 am

Compensation Lawyer Parramatta, Sydney we are highly experienced at representing workers who have been seriously injured on the job. If you have sustained injuries from an work accident, call us today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9YcCSDYiO4 Compensation Lawyer Parramatta