February 19, 2013
By Scottie Thomaston
- The Associated Press discusses the “electoral risk” for Republicans who vote for LGBT rights.
- The Washington Blade has a new poll on DOMA that suggests 59% of Americans oppose Section 3 of DOMA (denying federal benefits to legally married same-sex couples.)
- Illinois residents back marriage equality 50-29%, says a new poll.
- Three labor unions in Delaware have endorsed marriage equality.
- Chris Geidner compares the Catholic bishops’ amicus briefs in Loving and the Prop 8 and DOMA cases.
- The New York Times has a piece on same-sex binational couples forced to leave the United States.