December 13, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- Here is a lengthy story on the marriage equality movement.
- Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine calls for the passage of the Uniting American Families Act (UAFA) for same-sex binational couples.
- Linda Greenhouse discusses the Article III ‘standing’ issues in the Prop 8 case as well as the Court’s jurisdiction in the DOMA case given the administration’s agreement that Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional.
- Alison Frankel of Reuters talked to Supreme Court advocates about whether Justice Scalia should recuse himself from the marriage cases in light of his recent public comments.
- On the possible upcoming Ohio ballot initiative on marriage.
- On the Supreme Court’s decision to ask outside counsel to brief and argue the position that neither BLAG nor the Justice Department have standing to be in Court in the DOMA case.
- Walter Dellinger argues the Prop 8 proponents lack standing.