August 17, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- Lambda Legal, along with other groups, signed on to an amicus brief in Fisher v. Texas asking the Supreme Court to uphold the university’s affirmative action policy.
- According to the Supreme Court docket, a response to the petition for certiorari in the Prop 8 case is due August 31. Opponents of Prop 8 have already said they are going to oppose Supreme Court review, so that is what is expected in the filing.
- Here is more on Paul Ryan’s LGBT rights record.
- A pastor was convicted in an anti-gay kidnapping.
- The shooter at the Family Research Council building was charged with DC and federal offenses including interstate transmission of a firearm and other offenses.
- Andrew Shirvell was ordered to pay $4.5 million dollars to a gay student after accusing him in blog posts of “enticing minors with alcohol and recruiting people to become homosexual.”
- Here is a story on a gay GOP SuperPAC.