Equality news round-up: A profile of the plaintiffs in Nevada’s marriage equality lawsuit by Lambda Legal, and more
July 16, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- Via Think Progress:
In an interview with AFP, Gottfried Hirnschall, the World Health Organization’s HIV/AIDS chief, said that “a fairly large arsenal of drugs” is currently available to someday end new infections of HIV.
- France has banned anti-transgender discrimination.
- Lyle Denniston at SCOTUSBlog on today’s DOMA cert petition.
- The Las Vegas Review-Journal has an in-depth look at some of the plaintiffs in Nevada’s marriage equality lawsuit brought by Lambda Legal, Sevcik v. Sandoval.
- Where are the signatures from the Democrats who didn’t sign on to the House Democrats’ DOMA brief?
- Thomson Reuters opposes Minnesota’s attempt to ban marriage equality in its constitution.
- The Shreveport Times featured a story about a gay Shreveport, LA couple who is leaving the state because of its anti-gay stance on benefits.