Equality news round-up: Rep. Dingell (D-MI) co-sponsors DOMA repeal, GOP congresswoman supports marriage equality, and more
July 13, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- Rep. John Dingell (D-MI) has signed on as a co-sponsor of the Respect for Marriage Act to repeal DOMA, and his chief of staff says his views on marriage equality are evolving.
- A GOP rep. has announced support of marriage equality: Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) is the first GOP congressperson to do so.
- In Maryland, the Baltimore Sun has endorsed marriage equality.
- A coffee shop that had partnered with the National Organization for Marriage is saying that they are no longer aligned with the group.
- From the Center for American Progress, a report on gay and transgender homeless youth.