Equality news round-up: Conservative columnist George Will suggests there are 5 votes at the Supreme Court for marriage equality, and more
July 2, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- Conservative columnist George Will says there are likely five votes for marriage equality, with Justice Kennedy providing the fifth.
- Microsoft co-founders donated money to fight for marriage equality in Washington.
- Anderson Cooper came out as gay.
- Two county clerks in Illinois move to defend the state’s law banning marriage equality against the lawsuit by the ACLU and Lambda Legal.
- Two LGBT rights groups focused on the military, OutServe and SLDN, are merging.