June 27, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- We are still waiting on the Bipartisan Legal Advisory Group (BLAG) – who is defending DOMA in court – to file their petition for certiorari to the Supreme Court in the Gill/Massachusetts DOMA case. In a filing in another DOMA case last week, BLAG said the petition would be filed by the end of the month.
- Minnesota activists campaigning for an anti-gay amendment are using violent rhetoric to make their case. (They are now claiming they were hacked.)
- There’s a new poll on Republicans and marriage equality, from the Washington Post.
- Rhode Island passed a transgender-inclusive hate crimes law last month.
- Marriage equality activists in Maine are predicting victory.