Equality news round-up: NYC mayor and City Council Speaker will file brief in support of plaintiff in DOMA challenge
June 21, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- The Illinois judge who is hearing the marriage equality cases filed by the ACLU and Lambda Legal has agreed to consolidate the cases. We still don’t know who will defend the law.
- The Republican chairman of the House Armed Services Committee says that repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell is settled law.
- Uganda is banning pro-gay NGOs.
- Tammy Baldwin, who is running for the Senate and could be the nation’s first openly gay Senator, has released her first ad.
- Michael Bloomberg and Christine Quinn will file joint amicus briefs in support of Edith Windsor in the DOMA challenge Windsor v. USA.