June 19, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- Nine senators are asking for the HELP committee members to advance ENDA to the Senate floor.
- The Department of Health and Human Services has released its report on promoting LGBT health worldwide.
- An update in Lambda Legal’s case Buntemeyer v. Iowa Department of Public Health, in which a married couple in Iowa gave birth to a stillborn baby, and Iowa’s health department erased one parent’s name from the death certificate, because it’s a lesbian couple.
- A new report says half of LGBT youth have been verbally harassed.
- Here is more on LGBT health advancements and where we need to go from here.
- With a possible petition for certiorari pending in a challenge to DOMA (the defendants have not filed yet, but they have said they will) the DOJ immigration board is offering temporary reprieves from deportation.