June 15, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- The Virginia judge who was rejected by the state’s General Assembly because he is gay has been appointed to the Richmond Circuit Court temporarily.
- Defense Secretary Leon Panetta thanks gay and lesbian servicemembers in a video for LGBT Pride Month.
- Forbes takes an in-depth look at Windsor v. USA, a challenge to DOMA in which the District Court judge recently struck it down.
- The Obama administration will stop deportations of immigrants who would qualify for DREAM Act relief. Will the administration stop separating LGBT families as well?
- Another newspaper weighs in in the question “Should DOMA or Prop 8 reach the Supreme Court be decided first?”
- The National Organization for Marriage has ties to the recently released, dubious study suggesting that gays and lesbians make bad parents.
- The Daily Beast suggests that conservative federalists should be happy with the First Circuit’s decision overturning DOMA.
- Elizabeth Warren, in an interview at Netroots Nation this year, said she supports the Respect for Marriage Act to repeal DOMA.