Equality news round-up: Obama’s marriage equality support may have won Maryland’s referendum, and more
May 24, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- The New York Times has an editorial on so-called “conversion therapy” after Robert Spitzer apologized for the flawed research purportedly backing it.
- At The Daily Beast, Chris Geidner asks, “Is Justice Ginsburg Risking the Future of the Supreme Court?”
- Mariela Castro, an LGBT activist in Cuba and daughter of President Raul Castro, spoke in the US recently.
- Colin Powell is a supporter of marriage equality, apparently.
- The US Air Force Academy graduated its first openly gay cadets this week.
- The Washington Blade has the transcript from yesterday’s LGBT call with the Obama campaign.
- Tony Perkins, leader of the hate group Family Research Council, was on CNN. Again. At least they were a little more skeptical of him this time.
- Adam Serwer at Mother Jones asks: “Did Obama Just Deliver Marriage Equality in Maryland?” and it’s entirely possible that he did.