May 23, 2012
By Scottie Thomaston
- The pastor in North Carolina who recently said gays should be put behind an electric fence until they die out apparently has a history of these types of comments: an audio recording of a 1978 sermon was uncovered in which he laments that gays aren’t being hung from trees anymore.
-Ten national polls have now said that a majority of Americans support marriage equality.
- A proposed anti-bullying bill in Illinois was defeated.
- Another same-sex binational couple is spared from deportation.
- CBS Sports notices a shift in attitudes on gay issues in sports.
- From Colorlines, “People of Color More Likely to Support Gay Marriage Than Whites”
- Yesterday Bryan Fischer, the anti-gay leader of known hate group American Family Association, tweeted a racist comment about “the Obama Plantation”
- ExxonMobil will consider banning discrimination against LGBT people.
- NAACP has a long history of fighting for LGBT equality.