Prop 8 trial: 9th Circuit grants stay on release of trial recordings, hearing week set for appeal

Prop 8 trial

Just now, the 9th Circuit granted an emergency stay requested by proponents of Prop 8. The stay is on Judge Ware’s earlier decision to release the recordings of the trial to the public. The court also set a week on which to hear arguments on the matter.

Principal briefs are due on November 14th and reply briefs due no later than November 28th. The 9th Circuit panel will then hear oral arguments the week of December 5th, with a specific date to be set later.

Full order:

h/t Kathleen

As noted earlier, the proponents of Prop 8 came right out and said they planned to appeal this to the Supreme Court if the 9th Circuit did not grant the stay.

As usual, P8TT will be there to cover the briefs and oral arguments in the case.

• 1. Alan_Eckert  |  October 24, 2011 at 10:11 am

Not surprising, but at least they've sped up the process. It's too bad I have to travel back east, or else I would try and sit in court.

• 2. Bob Barnes  |  October 24, 2011 at 10:37 am

This clearly demonstrates the endless amount of money these people will spend to defend bigotry. I hope someone out there is finding a way to sue protemarriage.com and NOM to cover all expenses our side has shelled out.

• 3. Kathleen  |  October 24, 2011 at 10:42 am

This is lightning fast schedule, so they're clearly not dragging their heels on this one. I'll be there if at all possible and will represent for you, Alan! But sorry we won't get to see each other.

• 4. Juli  |  October 24, 2011 at 10:53 am

apparently their one and only tactic is delay, delay, delay, and they have enough money to do that endlessly.

• 5. DaveP  |  October 24, 2011 at 11:47 am

It also clearly demonstrates the extent of their fear about what will happen when the general public sees the truth about the Prop 8 trial.

Be afraid, protectmarriage.com. Be very afraid.

• 6. DaveP  |  October 24, 2011 at 11:48 am

I'll do my best to be there for the hearing. Hope to see others there.

• 7. Ronnie  |  October 24, 2011 at 11:57 am

: / …Ronnie

• 8. Sheryl_Carver  |  October 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I'll try to be there, too, depending on the day of the week.

Here's my thought about the Prop 8 proponents:
    B: Brave (NOT)
    I: Intelligent (NOT)
    G: Godly (NOT)
    O: Odious (TOO TRUE)
    T: Tolerant (NOT)

• 9. Kathleen  |  October 24, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Yay!

• 10. Bob  |  October 24, 2011 at 1:14 pm

HUGS to Kathleen,,, and everyone else who finds the time to make an appearance at the court hearing,,,

• 11. maggie4noh8  |  October 24, 2011 at 2:05 pm

LOL

You are very, very smart! HUGS!!!

• 12. Sheryl_Carver  |  October 24, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Forgot the "S" at the end …

S: Self-righteous (You betcha!)

I know I'm naughty, but sometimes I just can't resist.

• 13. Sheryl_Carver  |  October 24, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Thanks, Maggie4noh8.

I'm not really all that smart, but even my friends know I can be a real smart-@ss. :-)

• 14. Ann S.  |  October 24, 2011 at 3:17 pm

§

• 15. Sheryl_Carver  |  October 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Thanks, Kathleen!

& I hope I'll be able to have lunch with everyone this time.

• 16. Sheryl, Mormon Mom  |  October 25, 2011 at 9:41 am

Looking forward to knowing the date so that I can make my plans to be there.

• 17. Fluffyskunk  |  October 25, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Has anyone received their DVD yet?

• 18. Prop 8 Trial Tracker &raq&hellip  |  November 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm

[...] of Appeals has set December 8th at 2:30 PM for oral arguments on releasing the tapes. The court previously set the week of December 5th, but no specific date, until today’s [...]

• 19. Sammy  |  May 5, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually recognize what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly additionally consult with my site =).
    We may have a link change arrangement among us

Here is my webpage :: Merle Huff (Sammy)

• 20. adopteunmec abonnement  |  May 15, 2014 at 1:53 am

Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and
    i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a
    lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin
    or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so
    any assistance is very much appreciated.