August 29, 2011
By Adam Bink
Good morning all!
- Today’s the day of the hearing in Judge Ware’s courtroom regarding the plaintiff’s motion to unseal the tapes from the trial phase and release them to the public. The hearing begins at 9 AM PST, and a ruling could come at any point.
- If you’re new to Courage Campaign Institute’s Prop8TrialTracker.com, welcome! This is a blog dedicated to covering the Prop 8 trial and other issues of LGBT equality. We’re powered by a community sharing information and working together to gain equality for all LGBT individuals. Whether new or returning, you may notice a pop-up box asking if you’d like to sign up for updates and action alerts related to the trial. As a community, we’ve banded together to influence the trial — most particularly related to the public’s right to view it, the subject of today’s hearing — and the more people we have working together, the more we can create change. We’ll keep your information private and only send you alerts we think you’d be most interested in. Thanks for signing up!
- Rick Jacobs, Courage Campaign’s chair and founder, is on a crack-of-dawn flight to San Francisco to live-blog the trial. Ana’s there, as are many of you. I’m holding down the fort here at my desk. Many of you in the comments are also there. Remember to send in bits of info to prop8trial at couragecampaign dot org if you see something worth noticing. You can also post in the comments.
- If you missed it, Rick’s blog post earlier on releasing the tapes can be found here or at Huffington Post.
- If you’re not able to follow along here all the time, Courage’s Ana Beatriz Cholo will also be tweeting from @equalityontrial and @couragecampaign.
- What are you hearing or reading this morning, and where are you following coverage from — the courthouse, home, work, the road?