New Hampshire Public Hearing Day thread

Marriage equality

Update: Here’s a summary by an Associated Press writer.

Update: Zandra Rice-Hawkins, ED of Granite State Progress, kindly just sent the following over e-mail to me in response to a “what happens next” inquiry. I thought it would be informative for us all.

Adam,

The committee is very likely to vote today or next week to retain the bills. There is a small chance that some action could still be taken, but the last day to act on the bills would be mid-March and the full House has to complete all actions by Thursday, March 31st. That day is known as Crossover in New Hampshire and is when all bills must cross over to the Senate and visa versa. By general rule of thumb, retained bills will then lay in committee until next January.

It is not a guarantee that there will be another public hearing next year, so today’s turnout was critically important.

Update:With a tip of the hat to Ronnie in the comments, this ad is running in today’s Manchester Union Leader, from a conservative Marine.

Update: A sea of red marriage supporters:

Update: Back. The official pro-con count on the committee sign-in sheet is 540 in favor of equality, 40 opposed. Remarkable. For all those who joined in our Courage action to ask supporters to attend- or attended yourself- pat yourselves on the back!

Update: I have to get on a plane for the next two hours or so, but you can follow @NHFreedom2Marry, which is tweeting a good amount from the hearing, on Twitter.

Update: According to every person on the ground sending back updates from GSP, NHFTM, HRC and friends, anti-equality folks, aside from Maggie, simply didn’t turn out. Plus, hundreds of pro-equality folks went. The room is a sea of red. Contrast in organizing and perhaps more.

Update: I’m working off my PDA while in transit, and told the video may not start playing yet, but live video stream is set up to be here.

Update: Interestingly, at the open of the hearing, Rep Bates, the lead sponsor of one anti-marriage measure, calls for retention, or putting on hold, of the bill until next year (h/t NHFTM).

Update: This could go for some time. The chairman warns that he will hold the committee in session until “the wee hours” if necessary.

Update: Maggie:

Update- My friend Kevin Miniter, who is up in NH with Fred Karger’s campaign, reports at least 400 there- overwhelmingly equality advocates.

Update- Maggie is also there.

Photos coming in:

Updates will scroll from the top

This morning, starting between 10 and 10:30 AM EST, will be the big Public Hearing in New Hampshire to consider three different pieces of legislation to repeal the freedom to marry for same-sex couples in the state. For more background, I wrote a post on Tuesday outlining what was under consideration.

For those who have never seen what an event of this kind looks like, and its importance, watch this:

That was Mr. Philip Spooner testifying at the public hearing in Maine. Over 4,000 people showed up- so many that the legislature had to move the hearing to a larger auditorium. It was a watershed moment on the bill’s path to passage. We must make today’s event a watershed moment in defense of equality.

Several of our colleagues at Granite State Progress and HRC will be sending back dispatches throughout the day, which I’ll be sorting through and posting here (NOM bus tour style!). We’ll also likely have a live streaming link. I will be traveling through most of the morning, but updates will come throughout the afternoon. Please help out your fellow P8TTers by updating what you see in the comments for those unable to watch or listen live.

For your reading interest before the hearing starts, Courage Campaign, in partnership with Granite State Progress, has collected over 50 written testimonies over the past two days to be submitted for the record at today’s hearing. I’ve pasted many of them below with names redacted, but with location left in. I was struck by the volume of heartfelt testimonies submitted for the public record by straight allies. Thank you, my friends. It is heartening to have such kind people at our movement’s back.

If you’re a New Hampshirite and haven’t yet submitted a written testimony, you can do so here. Some testimonies are below.

I have many gay friends. Love is love. It does no harm to me or my children if my gay friends marry. Fitzwilliam, NH

I’ve been married for nearly 20 years. In that time, I’ve seen many of my lesbian and gay friends meet the loves of their lives and I’ve watched as they’ve built the same stable homes for their children, as they contributed to their communities, and as they shared their lives in exactly the same ways my husband I have. Durham, NH

I am a straight young woman who has many LGBT friends. They are no different than anybody else. Love has no boundries. Just as there was a fight for couples of different races to be accepted, now we must fight to ensure our LGBT friends and family members have their right to marry as well.

I have been married to my husband for 7 years now and we have 2 beautiful children. My friends who are in same-sex relationships should be able to enjoy and live their life, and marry whom they want, without any questions asked! My 7 years of marriage have been amazing and I am showing my children what it’s like to have a partner and be in a loving relationship. Everyone’s children should be able to experience the same, whether they have a mom and dad, two mom’s or two dad’s. It’s a right. It’s equality. Born in Litchfield, now living in Nashua, NH.

My mother is a lesbian and has lived with her same-sex partner for the past four years. Although I was already in college when my mother came out, my younger siblings went through the most critical period of their adolescence in a same-sex household. Since my mother recognized her orientation and began a same-sex relationship, our family environment has vastly improved. My mother is far happier than she has ever been and this is reflected in a greater sense of peace and harmony within our family. My siblings (now 15 and 19) have grown into well-adjusted young adults. We are all extremely close to our mother’s partner and consider her an integral part of the family. Manchester, NH

I’ve been married since 1996. My husband is a wonderful man and a terrific partner. However, it’s always struck me as incredibly unfair that just because he’s a man and I’m a woman, we have rights that were, until last year, denied to couples of the same sex in New Hampshire. When their families are now recognized, their marriages (which are just as meaningful as ours) are celebrated, and their children are protected in the same way mine are… why should that be taken away? Durham, NH

While i am straight, married and a father i know many, many people- singles and couples- who are gay. For example my sister is gay as is a respected and close colleague at work. There is every reason to support equal marriage rights for same sex couples and no credible reason not to. I am proud to be a resident of one of the few states to take a bold step forward on this issue and i would be both dismayed and angered if the state decided to reverse itself. It would be a statement on the fear, insecurity and single mindedness of a few people; not of most persons in this state. Newmarket, NH

195 Comments Leave a Comment

• 1. Ed Cortes  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:08 am

first??

• 2. Peterplumber  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:11 am

♂♂

• 3. Ann S.  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:50 am

§

• 4. Gregory in Salt Lake  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:51 am

subs…(hope Maggie testifies…so can get more allies!)

• 5. Dave in ME  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:52 am

I definitely want to follow what's happening in my neighboring state. (In fact, Maine is the only state in the 48 that borders only one other state!).

Dave in Maine

• 6. Dave in Maine  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:53 am

Dang it-why am I not checking the box lately?!??!?!

• 7. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:02 am

Wow, all beautifully written. Such a myriad of almost every type of situation. Thanks for those testimonies Adam.

• 8. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:04 am

=
    <3…Ronnie

• 9. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:11 am

So, all those folks in the red shirts… are they supporters?

• 10. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:11 am

And if so, let's not beam them down on the away mission! (err.. yes… I am a geek).

• 11. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:22 am

god(ess) bless Mr. Phillip Spooner and his very lucky family

and bless our allies

and grant us peace.

• 12. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:23 am

Watch: Former NH Marine Speaks Out for Marriage Equality http://www.towleroad.com/2011/02/watch-former-nh-

A New Hampshire Marine veteran is speaking out for marriage equality in New Hampshire in a full page ad in the state's Union Leader newspaper:

"Craig Stowell says his 22-year-old brother Calvin is gay, and after he heard about two hearings to repeal gay marriage in New Hampshire on Thursday, he had to speak out. The ad begins, 'As a former Marine. I take freedom very seriously…' Stowell says, 'When I came back from Iraq, I married the woman of my dreams in my grandparents’ back yard…. Calvin was my best man and I just hope one day I get to be his.'"

You can the full ad here: http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you/2011/02/nh-c

"Limited government is not one that takes rights away from our family members, neighbors and co-workers. No real conservative believes government should be managing the personal lives of any decent law-abiding citizen of New Hampshire."

(me) Thank you Craig Stonewall for your support & for your service to our country……

• 13. Wade@MacMorrighan.Ne  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:24 am

Hey guys, long-time/ no see (long-story short…my PC broke after just over a year and is outside its warranty…damn DELL!). Anyhoo…here are some questions that I would LOVE to ask the Gagher:

1.) You believe that children deserve & have a legal right to a mother *and* a father, correct? Do you also endorse not only legislation that would prevent Gay couples from adopting, or from reproductive choices such as surrogacey & artificial insemination, but legislation that would remove legally adopted children from Gay couples and place them with hetero. couples?
    2.) Do at least *some* of the voters that you and NOM court not really vote to “preserve their views on marriage” as much as they simply don’t like nor approve of Gay people?! Statistically, this must be the case, wouldn’t you agree?
    3.) And, most importantly: Why do you insist on lying about the historical and anthropological origins of “marriage”, in light of the fact that no historians or anthropologists can or will support your views? (Views that are nothing more than wishful thinking on your part with no basis in fact.) After all, the American Anthropological association–the largest in the world–has released a policy statement endorsing Marriage Equality based upon more than 100 years of historical research and field-work. Gay people have, it is well attested, been getting married to members of their own gender for thousands upon thousands of years. Never mind the fact that “marriage” originated as a method to establish property and hold power over other members of society, and to make an alliance with neighboring tribes.

BTW, did you guys notice how, near the end of the original article in Maggie's VD "love letter" to us where Maggie declairs that all the young people who endorse Marriage Equality for Gay couples are proof of her “consequential” assertions that young people are starting to reject–”Oh, the horrors!” LOL!–the (allegedly) “commonly accepted view (to who?)” that marriage is for procreation, etc.! WTF?!?!?!

I also sent Maggie a personal e-mail about the academic origins of marriage more than a few months ago, and she never responded back. Pity. I would have loved to have learned why she rejects this actual HISTORY in favor of fantastical wishful thinking, which she portrays as (farcical) facts…

Oh, and do not allow yourself to forget Maggie’s mendacity: In her Yale appearance she stated that she is opposed to Gay “unions”, period. And all of those laws she publicly tells us that we need to start making work for us instead of meddling with marriage? Well, she wants them all re-written so that they can *never* be used by us to apply to our relationships, because she has written in her polemical articles about how any law that protect Gay people is not only something that she opposes, but that she views it as a threat to “people [sic.] of faith” (ie. Christians, but only those who believe as she does). Oh, and that time when she was on CNN declairing that “Civil Unions” are okay to her–even though her sparring partner was quick to point out that NOM was targetting even CU laws, such as in WA. state (which she immediately responded by denouncing this accusation as “a lie!”)? Well, let us not forget that in Maine she also denounced CUs as “erod[ing] the status” of marriage! We would be truly foolish to forget any of this… Indeed, I would like to ask her accolytes over at FaveBook, “If we cannot have marriage, and we cannot have Civil Unions, and we cannot be allowed to ensure that the present law codes can be invoked to protect our private relationships, than what *can* we have? What are *you* willing to give us (Maggie)?" We need to ensure that the vast public realizes this, and more–that they (NOM and Maggie) do not want us to have anyt legal protections under the law, despite her denials of those FACTS!

• 14. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:25 am

in the same line of thought
    "Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!"

• 15. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:25 am

p.s. ….(must go get coffee)….I forgot to…..<3….Ronnie

• 16. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:35 am

"Because every family needs the same protections."

Actor, John Slattery (AMC's "Mad Men") is a New Yorker who supports Marriage Equality…….<3…Ronnie:

• 17. Sheryl Carver  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:36 am

OT, but saw this over on "On Top Magazine" yesterday. Iowa Congressman Steve King is publicizing his anti-equality stance, and going on about the "nasty gays" he encountered on NOM's "get rid of the judges" bus tour.

From the article:
    “I went on the judge bus tour with the National Organization for Marriage and the Family Research Council, and I climbed off of that bus into the heart of the screaming, profane gays that met us at nearly every stop, and I took them on directly, and in some cases actually — not direct violence, but physical. Yeah, so, and then, I went back down and sat down in the radio studio …”

“You were physically – they, like, physically tried to …” the blogger interrupted.

“Well here's the extent of it,” King said. “They get right in your face and they scream profanities right at you. And you have to stand there and deliver it. I finally, as my voice gave out, I turned it over to Connie Mackie who is a verbal pugilist of the first order, and they even crowded tight around her, so I turned my back to them and just, I backed up into them. I kept bulldozing them away from Connie Mackie because they were so intimidating and so threatening and so profane.”

We be scary people, huh? Of course, as usual, no reference to video or pics or even independent observers to back up his claim. Liar, liar, pants on fire!

• 18. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:59 am

Maggie is up now

• 19. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:01 am

Maggie is spouting the "treat different things differently" drivel

• 20. LCH  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:02 am

♀♀=♂♂=♀♂=∑♡

• 21. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:04 am

(runs out of the house screaming)…….AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!…..<3…Ronnie

• 22. Straight Ally #3008  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:04 am

So little representation by the anti-equality side. Perhaps it just takes too much energy to hate and discriminate….

• 23. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:16 am

Apparently we are on the Jeebus train at the moment. "Anti-christian bigotry of homosexual marriage" is my favorite so far.

• 24. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:22 am

Late to the party.

• 25. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:27 am

I don't think it's the energy it takes but rather the public spotlight hurts them to badly…much nicer for them to hate from home with their checkbooks and ballots :-(

• 26. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:28 am

lol

• 27. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:38 am

I wonder if we could send everyone who ever spouts that phrase in earnest off to a country that DOES have active ant-christian bigotry for a week or so. Then, when they come back say "THAT is how WE feel ALL THE TIME. Please stop trying to pretend you are the victims here."

• 28. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:39 am

Please keep us posted. And I hope my letter got there in time.

• 29. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:39 am

Clicking th box helps too!

• 30. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:41 am

Interesting fact just shared (didn't catch the speaker's name)
    On the sign-in sheet in NH today, 540 people oppose repeal of marriage equality and 42 support it.

THAT ROCKS!!

• 31. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:42 am

Nom commissions it's own poll — again. They are claiming on their blog that their poll shows a 54-37 margin that Maryland voters believe marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Yet, an independent poll recently done showed the majority of Maryland voters in favor of marriage equality.

A similar disconnect exists on the issue of same-sex marriage. Republicans split, with 24 percent in favor — which, compared to some of the other issues, is a fairly large portion — while 73 percent are opposed. Contrast that to Democrats, who favor the idea by a 65 percent to 30 percent margin, and independents, who broke in favor by 52 percent to 36 percent.

Who do we trust. A NOM commissioned poll, or an independent commissioned poll…hmmmm.

NOM Blog – you all know where it is, so you can find their article (don't want to get caught in moderation for too many links)

Gonzalez Poll: http://www.gazette.net/stories/02042011/policol19… Its about half way down, there are other poll results in there.

• 32. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:43 am

Hey Maggie "Shoe Flinger" Gallagher:

Women & Men are "different" so "it is not discrimination to treat different things differently"……..but we know that is not accepted now don't we?

Black people & White people are "different" so "It is not discrimination to treat different things differently"……..but we know that is not accepted now don't we?

Christian followers & Islam followers are "different" so "It is not discrimination to treat different things differently"……..but we know that is not accepted now don't we?

Interracial couples & Single race couples are "different" so "It is not discrimination to treat different things differently"……..but we know that is not accepted now don't we?

Single parents & Non-single parents are "different" so "It is not discrimination to treat different things differently"……..but we know that is not accepted now don't we?

Blondes & Brunettes are "different" so "It is not discrimination to treat different things differently"……..but we know that is not accepted now don't we?

Pro-LGBT Christians & Anti-LGBT Christians are "different" so "It is not discrimination to treat different things differently"……..but we know that is not accepted now don't we?

Everybody is "different" in their own way; LGBT or Straight, Black or White, Christian or Muslim, Male or Female…but NOBODY is superior to the other…in FACT, we ALL are the same in one way….We are ALL human & deserve the same, EQUAL, amount of respect, dignity & treatment…EQUALLY….It is a shame that you are fundamentally incapable of comprehending that FACT of humanity, Maggie Gallagher……

The problem, Maggie, with your illogical, irrational, ignorant, BIGOTED & widely confuted communique is that WE ARE NOT "THINGS"!!!!!…You are not talking about a "thing"…you are talking about REAL HUMAN PEOPLE!….how embarrassing for you…GROW UP!!!!….. : I …Ronnie

• 33. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:44 am

I would support that. Of course, I am hoping for the Rapture™ AQAP! Rather like a good spring cleaning.

• 34. Bob Barnes  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:51 am

Here's their posting:

Lawrence Research

• No Website
    • 3 Employees
    • Tied to the Mormons???? Wait…..

• 35. up&Adam  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:52 am

I'm right behind you, Ronnie. I find her so vulgar I can't stand to either look at her or listen to another word.

• 36. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:54 am

NOM = FAIL…..how pathetic….. : I ….Ronnie

• 37. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:55 am

Tied to Mormons. I have such a delightful visual! :)

• 38. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:55 am

thanks bob. I guess moderation is off for adding two links.

• 39. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:59 am

Does anyone know what "ITL" means? Many are asking this judiciary committee to address these bills "ITL" to put it to rest once and for all. Meaning they fail and won't be brought up again – I think.

• 40. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:00 am

That would be true if there were no Christians, both LGBT & Straight, who support Marriage Equality….but…there are…so moving on…. : I ….Ronnie

• 41. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:00 am

Inexpedient to Legislate?

• 42. fiona64  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:02 am

bJason, thank you for reminding me of something …

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
    Where there is injury, pardon.
    Where there is doubt, faith.
    Where there is despair, hope.
    Where there is darkness, light.
    Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
    grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
    to be understood, as to understand;
    to be loved, as to love.
    For it is in giving that we receive.
    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
    and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

Amen.
    – Attributed to St. Francis of Assisi

• 43. Carpool Cookie  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:09 am

Mmmmm……food for thought. (Though Maggie might make me regurgitate any moment now.)

• 44. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:14 am

I think LLB has it. That's what a handy-dandy acronym finder suggests: http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ITL

• 45. Straight Dave  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:15 am

In To the Loo?

• 46. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:16 am

It's The Lose? In Total, Lousy?

Sorry.. I don't know. But I like LLB's answer.

• 47. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:16 am

Does that mean I get a gold star today? lol

• 48. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:20 am

Better than 10 to 1. Doesn't that say SOMETHING about people who care? And I would love to know how many of those 42 are, like Maggie, from out of state.

• 49. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:21 am

Even a cookie would do.

• 50. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:23 am

It looks as though ITL is a move that kills a bill in committee before it even gets to the floor for a vote. So they are asking for these bills to be laid aside permanently in committee.

• 51. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:23 am

Excellent, thank you!
    and you, Kathleen!
    "Acronym Finder" – learn something new every day!

• 52. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:24 am

The problem with asking Maggie these questions is that she likely believes that men and women are not equal (still expecting the man to lead the family & the woman to stay home), that the races are not equal (though she has some good friends who are black), that Christians are clearly superior to Muslims, that interracial relationships are not ideal & are potentially harmful to children, that married parents are clearly superior to single parents (though only if they're married as opposed to "married," which wouldn't count at all), that "Christians" who claim to be pro-equality aren't "real" Christians (thus are vastly inferior to her version of "real" Christians), and that we do NOT deserve the same amounts of respect, dignity, or treatment.

• 53. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:25 am

<—passing a plate of star shaped cookies with gold icing.

And sprinkles.

Colored, not golden.

• 54. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:25 am

thank you! I, too, request ITL!

• 55. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:26 am

YAY – I haven't had breakfast yet – sugar should get me going!

• 56. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:28 am

Happy to help.

• 57. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:29 am

AWESOME!!!
    Take THAT Maggie!!!

Hello Louis :-)

• 58. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:30 am

Somehow in my head, that came out as "if your knickers are in a twist about marriage equality, deal with it on your own time rather than making it a legislative issue."

• 59. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:31 am

And MILK too…don't forget the MILK :-)

• 60. DC Hart  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:32 am

Bigot Robbie George is usually quietly behind the curtain of bigotry. Exactly how he retains the endowed chair at Princeton once occupied by Woodrow Wilson astonishes me. Exactly how would Princeton react were George spouting dogma from Christian Identity rather than Opus Dei.

You can be sure that Robbie is working the phones to NH to impose his religious extremism and encourage others to do likewise.

• 61. Cat  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:35 am

Well said. Makes me think of Lincoln: As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy. Whatever differs from this, to the extent of the difference, is no democracy. You don't want people judging and preventing opposite-sex couples from marrying. Why would you want to judge and prevent same-sex people from marrying?

• 62. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:38 am

They can't. It's the same thing every time – they think they don't need evidence, they just say it should be so.

And NOMs commissioned polls aren't being used by anyone as proof of anything. I tried to find any news outlet that thinks NOMs recent Maryland poll is worthy of news…NOTHING.

• 63. Ed Cortes  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:39 am

Here's one for the maggot: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal", so it's right to treat equal things equally?

• 64. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:42 am

I anyone else having trouble with the live feed? I can't figure out if it's just me or if the site is overwhelmed. It keeps stalling, then inexplicably starting back at the beginning of where I first came in. Refreshing the page fixes it for a moment (though now I can't even get on the site).

• 65. Ed  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:42 am

And that surprises you?

• 66. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:43 am

Well silly, that's because all the media outlets are anti-family and anti-christian. Hadn't you heard that????

• 67. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:46 am

We on macs cannot view it.

• 68. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:47 am

• 69. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:47 am

Truly the most Christ like saint ever.
    St. Francis actually lived and taught as Christ did…he was indeed a man of God

• 70. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:49 am

I kind of hope Maggie shows up here in NY at a similar sort of event when we are looking at a vote here. I am SO prepared to follow her and pick her apart, point by point, practically without NOTES, as she is like a broken record stuck in the groove of "It is not discrimination to treat different things differently." The very simple answer is "Maggie, that is practically a textbook DEFINITION of discrimination, which makes your statement a twisted falsehood. Shall I enumerate all the other things you are twisting out of all recognizable shape?…"

It's kind of funny, but the ONE point I wouldn't be able to get her on is that here in New York, she is actually a resident. Everywhere else she goes, she is an outsider, coming to tell them how to legislate against their own citizens. And that seems to be a point often ignored.

• 71. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:50 am

Ouch!! That sucks.

• 72. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:53 am

They need to upgrade flip for mac – it will just be choppy. you can get pieces, but it will chop out.

• 73. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:59 am

I am viewing on a Mac. I had a little trouble getting connected in the beginning but no problems now.

• 74. libra_rising  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:00 am

Excellent speech! I'm glad he testified.

• 75. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:05 am

what are you using?

• 76. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:07 am

I just tried to use Robert's pc based laptop. Even resorted to using Internet Explorer in the hope the Media Player problem would be resolved, but couldn't get it to work. Now I feel dirty, and I still wasn't able to watch it.

• 77. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:11 am

I don't know enough to say. I am on an Intel, in Safari and went to this link: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/media/House

• 78. Jon  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:13 am

Mr. Spooner leaves damn near nothing else to be said.

• 79. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:14 am

The video itself is boring. It is just a wide-angle shot of the room.

• 80. Ed Cortes  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:17 am

From a friend a long time ago at work (The Serenity Prayer):

Lord, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage, to change the things I can, and
    Wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

• 81. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:21 am

I'd like to at least listen to the audio.

• 82. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:24 am

Lady Gaga was on "Good Morning America" this morning talking about her Grammy Awards performance, her new single "Born This Way", & her new line of cosmetics for MAC in which the profits will be used for HIV/AIDS prevention, her activism, & more…..

"MAC has been fighting for identity and for passion and love and protection for so long," said Gaga of the MAC brand of cosmetics, which she said raised $34 million last year through its Viva Glam lipstick brand for HIV/AIDS-related causes, some of it courtesy of an ad campaign starring Gaga and singer Cyndi Lauper. The goal this year, said Gaga, again sporting the alien-inspired facial ridges that seem to be part of her latest persona, was to raise $50 million.

Here is the video of her interview with ABC's Robin Roberts…..<3…Ronnie:

• 83. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:25 am

Yeah, I wish you could, too. Sorry you got the IE icky on you. :)

• 84. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:31 am

Ah, yes, the variation known as the Stress Prayer! I love that. I will try to find the rest of it and post it. It also mentions giving 100% at work, and goes on to break that down into the percentages for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! Thank you for reminding me of that Ed!

• 85. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:32 am

That was supposed to read "her activism & more, her new line of cosmetics for MAC in which the profits will be used for HIV/AIDS prevention……" …..I clicked on "drag" instead of "delete"…..<3…Ronnie

• 86. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:33 am

The video feed freezes but the audio is fine for me…better than nothing I guess

• 87. James Tuttle  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:36 am

I know a lot of people think she is a gimmick but I LOVE LADY GAGA!!!!!

• 88. James Tuttle  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:40 am

Oh and I hate Maggie. OMG are they (Gaga and Maggie) complete polar opposites or what? Can you picture Maggie in that outfit…or the bubble outfit?? LOL Too much coffee this morning. Go New Hampshire Equality!!

• 89. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:42 am

Was it Scalia who relatively recently explained that it really does mean MEN and that equality for women is not actually covered by the Constitution?

• 90. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:46 am

Yes, it was Scalia who said in an interview that the 14th Amendment does not prohibit discrimination based on sex. http://www.callawyer.com/story.cfm?eid=913358&amp

• 91. Ed  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:50 am

Since the link wasn't working, or overloaded, or whatever…..Does anyone have a transcript of what maggie was saying, and how well (or how badly) her "testimony" was received?

• 92. adambink  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:53 am

I wish the video were better. Alas.

• 93. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:58 am

I dislike Scalia possibly even more than I dislike bell peppers.

Now THAT's saying something since I pretty much loathe bell peppers.

• 94. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:59 am

She basically said that it is OK to treat different things differently and that marriage is about procreation. She was not really inflammatory (learned her lesson on that, maybe?).

Interestingly, Fred Karger just spoke and called out Maggie, Brian and NOM on their stance, their barging into states and their hiding of donors (Karger said he got them investigated). He also called the name of Reagan saying he would appose repeal and asked the Pugs to stand with Reagan and to see through Maggie, Brian and NOM. Pretty cool.

• 95. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:00 am

that Reagan would oppose

• 96. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:01 am

… like cockroaches who run from the light.

• 97. Sheryl, Mormon Mothe  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:01 am

Both audio and video freezing for me. I get the message about the % buffered. Missing most the talks, probably getting about 1 minute each. Really would love to hear an entire talk.

Sheryl, Mormon Mother

• 98. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:05 am

I was surprised, but glad, to hear Fred Karger giving testimony. I knew he was in New Hampshire at the moment, but didn't know he intended to speak at the hearing.

• 99. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:10 am

I'll take your share of the bell peppers. My mother-in-law makes the best stuffed peppers I have ever eaten!

• 100. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:17 am

It kinda rocked. He jumped in and said NOM/Maggie/Brian are criminals don't listen to them. Reagan would oppose repeal. You should, too. And then jumped back out.

• 101. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:20 am

He also called Maggie and Brian the Anita Bryant and John Briggs of New Hampshire. Here's his full statement: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fred-karger/maggie-

• 102. Dan from MN  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:24 am

Bravo, New Hampshire! I got a little teary watching Mr. Spooner speak.

My thoughts and prayers are with NH, the fact that Minnesota's marriage equality battle was kicked back years is heartbreaking enough, so I'm hoping for all good news from New England!

• 103. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:27 am

Just refreshed the page..thank you for the hat tip, Adam… ; ) …. adding on to that…I just found the video from the towleriad.com article on YouTube…just in case people couldn't view that one….<3…Ronnie:

Short Interview with Craig Stonewall & a report on the ad:

• 104. Carpool Cookie  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:43 am

Paprika is made from red bell peppers (!!!)

Not even as a garnish, sprinkled on humus? Not in goulash? I even use paprika in my mac & cheese!

We are NOT getting married.

• 105. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:46 am

What an idiot. The guy speaking now is arguing that marriage is an economic issue because you need lots of procreation for economic boom times. I guess he's suggesting ss marriages are stopping people from procreating. Or maybe that if ss couples can't marry, all those people will run out and procreate with someone else.

• 106. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:49 am

Why? Aren't there enough os couples who are breeding like wildfire without protection? I mean, I have two sisters who each had six children. I think they have done enough procreating to make up for me being infertile! And I have a stepdaughter who has nine children! How many football team-sized families do we need?

• 107. Ed  |  February 17, 2011 at 5:51 am

Ouch….that's gotta hurt……But if the shoe fits…….

• 108. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:02 am

Yeah, that guy was whacko.

• 109. fiona64  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:05 am

Thank you, Richard! Two of my high school girlfriends have five kids each. I think they've more than made up for my decision not to breed.

Love,
    Fiona

• 110. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:09 am

lol…true…but I was sure I hit the "o"…(tilt's head)….<3…Ronnie

• 111. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:10 am

If the shoe fits – please do not remove it while you are in a court of law.

• 112. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:11 am

Good gracious. I have one & she keeps us busy enough. I can't imagine having five. *twitch*

• 113. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:15 am

Well, a Riad is a bed and breakfast in Morocco… very friendly, warm way to visit the country. I stayed in one while I was there. I am in favor.

• 114. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:16 am

Forgive my laziness for not looking for myself. What is the make up of this committee? Rep./Dem.

• 115. AnonyGrl  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:18 am

Woot! Now *I* can marry Cookie! I was just waiting for nightshayde to step aside.

• 116. Jon  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:31 am

Mr. Spooner was awesome.

If you can listen to him and not get it…well, I just don't know then.

• 117. Sheryl, Mormon Mothe  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:44 am

Now have the audio but not video but at least getting to hear all of the talks.

• 118. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:49 am

did anyone else just lose the feed?

• 119. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:52 am

I just love watching the audience 'clap' using the ASL sign for applause (and the thunbs down for the whackos)

• 120. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:52 am

Let's see…

On my mother's side:
    -My Grandparents (RIP) had 8 kids (including my mom), 5girls & 3boys….1 of those boys is a gay man (RIP) & 1 of those girls is a lesbian….From oldest to youngest:
    - – Uncle 1 had 4 kids, 1 of those kids has had 5kids.
    - – Aunt 1 had 5 kids, 2 of them put up for adoption so I don't know about them, 2 of the other 3 (her son) has 3 kids, (her daughter) has 3 kids.
    - – Uncle 2 has 7 kids, please don't make me list them all..It will take all day
    - – Aunt 2 has 2 girls the oldest has 2 kids.
    - – Aunt 3 (RIP) has 2 kids.
    - – Uncle 3, openly gay, no kids but passed away before that was ever an option.
    - – Aunt 4 was with a man but was closeted & now lives with her girlfriend who she has been with for I believe almost 10 years. Anyway, has 2 kids (1daughter, 1son), her daughter has 3 kids.
    - – My Mom has 4 kids. My half brother has 4 kids, My half sister may not be able too have kids, my 2nd oldest sister (same father, same mother) was adopted by her foster parents (long story) so I don't know anything about her but my mother is looking for her, then there is me (& I plan to have kids)

My father's side: His family is waaaaaay bigger so I'll stick with I have 3 younger half brothers the oldest has 1 kid

So trust me when I say my family has contributed enough to the human population to last a lifetime. I'm sure I forgot something…I do know that my Grandfather (mother's father) is one of 8 boys….so All those "procreation" (do a shot) & "continue the human race" should just QUIT THEIR BITCHING!!!…..just saying….<3…Ronnie

• 121. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:53 am

Good catch, Mark. I love that, too.

• 122. Straight Ally #3008  |  February 17, 2011 at 6:54 am

Oh SNAP!

• 123. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:02 am

If this is the House Judiciary Committee (pardon me for not being clear on NH legislature), here's the make up: http://gencourt.state.nh.us/house/committees/comm

• 124. New  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:02 am

I'm doing the same thing :)=)

• 125. Rhie  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:02 am

Watching

• 126. fiona64  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:04 am

I am so glad I'm not the only one who hates green bell peppers (love the red ones, though).

Love,
    Fiona

• 127. fiona64  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:06 am

Heh. In the case of one of those girls? The age range is 30 years to 7 years. I am not kidding.

Love,
    Fiona

• 128. AB  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:07 am

Do/will they have recordings of all of this somewhere?

• 129. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:24 am

Ya know – if the H8ers are to be believed, once marriage equality happens, polygamy will follow. Maybe the three of us can get married (if my husband will go along with that plan).

• 130. AB  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:29 am

I am so confused about everything. I hope P8TT does a good, comprehensive recap of everything.

• 131. Phillip R  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:32 am

You know what's a bit sad about this whole thing.

Dr. Lawrence also has a gay son who left the Mormon church and is estranged from the family as a result of their support (and his father in particular) of Prop 8.

NOM must not think very highly of the intelligence of their supporters. Let's hire someone who had a direct hand in the Mormon church's support of Prop 8 to conduct a fair and impartial survey. Yea right.

• 132. Phillip R  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:34 am

of course that page explains that. Sorry!

• 133. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:35 am

Ooo…I would love to travel to Morocco…I bought a handmade plate & this bowl with a lid from Morocco at a street festival in NYC that is black & blue. When I find an apartment & move to NYC I'm designing my living room space around that set…<3…Ronnie

• 134. Ed Cortes  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:36 am

We all know that NOM "thinks" very highly of the MONEY of their supporters, but I'm using the word "thinks" very loosely.

• 135. Bill  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:38 am

We won in Maryland!!!

• 136. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:39 am

"If the shoe fits – please do not remove it while you are in a court of law."

LOL…..<3…Ronnie

• 137. grod  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:40 am

@ David in ME
    You might have forgotten to mention that you neighbours to the North, East and West permit ssm, Quebec and NB legalizing these marriages for five + years. How canwe get Maine back in the fold? G

• 138. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:41 am

Fantastic news. Now let's hope there really are the 24 votes needed to pass the MD Senate. Well done, MD!

• 139. 415kathleenk  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:42 am

So the one bill's sponsors have decided to table until 2012- hmm. Did they finally realize how little the electorateo NH is interested in this crap? Scuse me- one of the bills. the one other sponsor still wants to beat the dead horse awhile longer. Hope the committee chair quashes it. Idiots.

• 140. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:44 am

Kick Ass!

• 141. Maggie4NoH8  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:44 am

Ooooh… How I hate the cold weather!!!! But I might have to leave sunny Southern California and move to the northeast now!!!!

Love DC and Baltimore both! Somebody find me a good job there!

Yay!!!!! Looks like there will be one more "tight" hurdle to pass, but after that, smooth sailing?

• 142. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:51 am

Exactly! :-)

• 143. AB  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:52 am

Maggie, I am glad you asked that question. State legislatures is my PhD area of expertise. Yes, this hurdle should be tight, but I think it has a good chance of passing.
    What I will say is this: If it passes this hurdle, then it is not guaranteed (nothing is guaranteed in politics) to pass the other chamber, but it is more likely. In Maryland the House is much more liberal on social issues, and it would be a vote that has the majority of structural support, and it would be after a longer period of lobbying, and the passage of the first chamber gives a good excuse to Representatives who may be nervous but ultimately want to vote for marriage equality.
    Things work in our favor if we can just apply pressure to the remaining two hold out Senators, and particularly to Ms. Carter!

• 144. fiona64  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:54 am

Morocco has been on my "Places to See" list for *years.*

Love,
    Fiona

• 145. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 7:54 am

Zach talked with Ellen about his support for his Moms & Equality & the video of his speech in Iowa on today's episode…..<3…Ronnie:

• 146. Maggie4NoH8  |  February 17, 2011 at 8:01 am

As a follow up, can you suggest a way to contact the 2 remaining hold out Senators?

Obviously, I am not their constituent, but as an American citizen, I don't think it hurts if they know someone thousands of miles away is concerned with *their* actions…

It is possible other P8TT'ers would like to express their thoughts to the Senators as well.

• 147. Tweets that mention New H&hellip  |  February 17, 2011 at 8:04 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by freedomtomarry, The HomoPolitico, GayWeddings.com, RIRYE77, Andres A. and others. Andres A. said: RT @freedomtomarry RT @adamjbink Live thread from #NH public hearing on bills to repeal freedom to marry: http://bit.ly/e3QV5l #LGBT [...]

• 148. Maggie4NoH8  |  February 17, 2011 at 8:16 am

Over on the NOM Blog, Maggie gives a "glowing" review of the situation:

Maggie includes the following:
    ___________________________________________

Kevin Smith, leader of the local family policy council Cornerstone, gave a great testimony.

___________________________________________

What is interesting, that wasn't pointed out, is that "the sky didn't fall" ANYWHERE when marriage equality was achieved.

Am I the *only* one thinking Kevin Smith conveniently forgot to point that out?

Doesn't Kevin Smith IMPLY the sky DID fall when marriage equality was achieved?

Is this as asinine as I *think* it is?

PS – sorry for the "lines"; I really wanted to italicize the quoted portion, but I just don't know how

• 149. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 8:24 am

I swear, Maggie must read this site, scouring it for terminology and phrases she can steal. It's like it's a game to her to see how much pro-equality language she can twist to use to mean the opposite.

• 150. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 8:34 am

LOL…the anti-gay/freedom/marriage/equality side really does NOT have one original thought they haven't stollen from our side…how embarrassing for Kevin Smith & Maggie "Shoe Flinger" Gallagher……a parrot is a pet, not really something to aspire to be..well unless you aspire to be an amusement park costumed character subject to being kicked by kids who think you are nothing more then an oversized moving pinata…..candy for thought…..<3…Ronnie

• 151. Steve  |  February 17, 2011 at 8:42 am

It hasn't been that long. There will be dire consequences…just wait a few years. We'll see it. Sometime in the future.

• 152. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:00 am

i'm pretty sure the sky didn't fall when the SCOTUS said bans against interracial marriage were unconstitutional, either.

*looks outside*

The sky appears to be firmly in place.

Is it possible that actions of humans on earth don't actually affect the positioning of celestial objects? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

• 153. up&Adam  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:01 am

Absolutely thrilled. Guess I will send off a couple more emails to those undecided legislators that were mentioned in the article. Doubt if they do any good, but gotta try something.

• 154. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:08 am

All you have to do is rely on outdated research (while ignoring all the stuff written in the past 30 years) to see why discrimination is necessary.

Aaaaargh!!!

• 155. JonT  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:22 am

• 156. LCH  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:41 am

"My favorite Kevin Smith line: “The sky didn’t fall in 2008 when the voters repealed same-sex marriage. The sky didn’t fall in Maine either the next year in 2009, when the voters repealed gay marriage passed by the legislature.”

This just illustrates the heartless inhumanity of Maggie and her ilk. The sky DID fall if you were a same sex couple planning to get married. Mean while unless they can show me a case where a different sex couple called off their wedding because marriage equality was a reality they are talking our of their arse.

Not only does the arc of history bends towards justice but so does the arc of karma and it will bite them.

♀♀=♂♂=♀♂=∑♡

• 157. fiona64  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:43 am

My husband is fond of telling people about the lesbian wedding we went to two years ago and how beautiful it was.

He always adds this: "Shockingly enough, my wife and I are still married, other people have gotten married all over the world, and the sky has not fallen. Who would have thought, given the anti-equality hue and cry, that such a thing would be possible?"

Love,
    Fiona

• 158. fiona64  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:44 am

There you go, with that liberal, commie pinko science stuff again. ;->

Love,
    Fiona

• 159. Sagesse  |  February 17, 2011 at 9:48 am

That's a quote (out of context) from an old Supreme Court judgment. Does anyone remember which one? I keep meaning to save the reference…

• 160. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 10:09 am

I really really really want to go to a gay or lesbian wedding.

When Marriage Equality is the law of the land, would one (or more) of you lovely people here please invite me to the ceremony? You don't even have to pay for me to be at the reception — I just want to be at a ceremony! =)

• 161. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 10:10 am

Silly me. Hee hee!

• 162. DC Hart  |  February 17, 2011 at 10:35 am

BTW, have any of these public servants been able to conger up what harm marriage equality has done since it was enacted? Have thousands of people suddenly become gay? Are they spreading through pods like “Invasion of the Body Snatchers?” How are they justifying this unseemly bigotry?

• 163. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 10:37 am

I collect topmarked restaurant ware. A lot of the time spent researching acquisitions is figuring out what some set of letters stands for to identify what establishment originally used the piece. :)

• 164. RebeccaRGB  |  February 17, 2011 at 10:49 am

Way to go, Facebook. NOW FIX AND EXPAND YOUR GODDAMN MISLABELED "SEX" FIELD!!!!!!!

• 165. PoxyHowzes  |  February 17, 2011 at 10:53 am

AFTER it passes the MD senate, AFTER it is favorably reported out of committee in the House of Delegates, AFTER the house votes affirmatively, AFTER the House/Senate conference committee resolves differences, AFTER both houses approve the conference report, and AFTER the governor signs the bill, then we will have a petition drive by the "people" (i.e., NOM) to repeal the bill, and during the petition drive, the bill will be held in abeyance. (Not enforced.)

The last poll I saw had only 51% of Marylanders approving marriage equality, two percentage points or more below the percent that approved ME in CA before the Prop(H)8 vote.

We haven't yet come "close" to winning in MD!!!

• 166. Straight for Equalit  |  February 17, 2011 at 11:32 am

I was there today. I wondered who that was, as I didn't get his name. Thanks!

I took a picture of him as he was testifying. I was impressed with his presentation — and with that of many other of our supporters.

• 167. Kathleen  |  February 17, 2011 at 11:44 am

Fred Karger did a lot of the "follow the money" research that's reported in the movie "8: The Mormon Proposition." You can see some of the documentation here: http://mormongate.com/

He's also considering a run for President in the Republican ticket. I don't think he's officially announced yet.

• 168. adambink  |  February 17, 2011 at 11:50 am

They are!

• 169. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm

rofl…woah!….I have no idea how that “i” got in there….towleroad.com… :”> ….Ronnie

• 170. bJason  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Thanks for that.

• 171. Carpool Cookie  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww…..great great GREAT!

I love his story , and his ad : )

• 172. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:44 pm

You don’t think it has anything to do with the “i” key being immediately next door to the “o” key, do you, Ronnie? LOL
    Just Sayin’….

• 173. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:52 pm

And I will have to send you the link to my Scentsy site again on March 1st, Ronnie. One of our new warmers is called Morocco!

• 174. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Ed | February 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Ouch….that’s gotta hurt……But if the shoe fits

…then buy it!

• 175. Gray Coyote  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Folks, you should fly this in New Hampshire:

• 176. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:09 pm

I don’t mind paprika. I can even tolerate red, orange, or yellow bell peppers in very small doses.

I don’t want green bell peppers touching anything I’m going to put near my mouth. *shudder*

*sends her share of green bell peppers to Richard*

• 177. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm

NIghtshayde, go to rainbowneck19631 on YouTube. I have our wedding ceremony there, in four parts. Even the signing of the ketubah.

• 178. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

LOVE it!

• 179. Straight for Equalit  |  February 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Hmm, Fred Karger for President. I plan to vote in the Republican primary in NH, since the action will be there and not on the Democratic ballot. I could vote for him.

• 180. Ronnie  |  February 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Facebook Adds ‘Civil Union,’ ‘Domestic Partnership’ To Relationship Status Options

“This has been a highly requested feature from users,” said Facebook’s Andrew Noyes, manager of public policy communications. “We want to provide options for people to genuinely and authentically reflect their relationships on Facebook.”

“The changes were made in consultation with Facebook’s Network of Support, a group that includes LGBT [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender] organizations such as the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network, and the Human Rights Campaign.”

“As LGBT people face a pathwork of relationship recognition laws, this gives people more tools to adequately describe their relationship,” said Michael Cole, spokesperson for the Human Rights Campaign. “Facebook has been a company that has tried to be inclusive of the LGBT community and this just one sign of it.”

(me) I love it…I love hype….<3…Ronnie

• 181. nightshayde  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Perhaps decades in the future — how can we possibly risk it? Oh, teh horrors!!!!

You’re right, Steve. That’s usually part of the response.

• 182. Sheryl, Mormon Mothe  |  February 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Thanks Ed, that gave me my laugh for the day.

Sheryl, Mormon Mother

• 183. Carpool Cookie  |  February 18, 2011 at 2:24 am

"I really really really want to go to a gay or lesbian wedding."

The food's really good.

• 184. Carpool Cookie  |  February 18, 2011 at 2:27 am

I wonder what Maggie's son is like. Does he even have a chance at being a fairly well-adjusted person?

• 185. The values of stories in &hellip  |  February 18, 2011 at 11:51 am

[...] New Hampshire Public Hearing Day thread [...]

• 186. Allepeillinna  |  February 20, 2011 at 5:10 am

Just Surfing and found your interesting website prop8trialtracker.com, Just thought I would say hello do any of you guys have any good experience using photovoltaic panels I would like to add solar power generation at home

• 187. Ed Cortes  |  February 20, 2011 at 5:16 am

We have them at home, and they supply about 90% of our electricity annually. We have a pool, so the filter and sweep motors are large drains. Our annual electric bill went from about 600/month to less than 60/month!

• 188. Ronnie  |  February 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

OMGross…dear gross no…must strike that image from by memory…(cringes) …… : – & …..Ronnie

• 189. August Amailla  |  July 9, 2011 at 8:30 am

After reading this posting, I pondered the exact same point that I invariably surprise about when scanning new blogs and forums. Simply what do I take into consideration this? Exactly how ought to it impact me? This and extra posts in your weblog proper here definitely give some stuff to look at. I essentially ended up right here by means of Yahoo after I was very first performing some web examine for some course carry out that I have. At all times very good instances searching by the use of and I’m hopeful that you will carry on writing new posts. Cheers!

• 190. Prop 8 Trial Tracker &raq&hellip  |  September 16, 2011 at 11:21 am

[...] State Equality. So we’ve got the infrastructure in place. That infrastructure turned out 540 people against the bill to just 40 in favor at the big public hearing on the bill. Public polling back in February showed a whopping 62% [...]

• 191. Prop 8 Trial Tracker &raq&hellip  |  November 29, 2011 at 2:13 pm

[...] plans to repeal marriage equality for New Hampshire residents, then moved to do just that until a broad coalition rose up against it and an overwhelming majority opposed doing so in the polls. And next year, they’re planning [...]

• 192. Prop 8 Trial Tracker &raq&hellip  |  December 27, 2011 at 7:02 am

[...] Golden Oldie recalls the remarkable day in February when marriage equality supporters vastly outnumbered opponents in New Hampshire on their hearing [...]

• 193. NearbutGuarse  |  February 15, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Mi scusi per quello che devo intervenire situazione analoga. Dobbiamo discutere. Scrivi qui o in PM.

• 194. Prop 8 Trial Tracker » N&hellip  |  March 12, 2012 at 12:19 am

[...] View the original here: Prop 8 Trial Tracker » New Hampshire Public Hearing Day thread [...]

• 195. lmvorisidj  |  April 9, 2013 at 8:59 pm

could i wear this dress to a holy communion? ,[url=http://wholesalemaccosmetics.blinkweb.com/#17492]wholesale mac[/url] ,,http://polo-outlet-onlineus.weebly.com/#11254 ,[url=http://cheapmacmakeup-wholesale.webs.com/#71305]mac makeup wholesale[/url] ,,http://cheapmac-cosmetics.blinkweb.com/#75184