Someone has a crush on Rick Jacobs

Community/Meta

Late last year, 4-time Tony Award-winning playwright Terrence McNally put together a one-night performance of his play “Some Men”, featuring brilliant actors and actresses like Lily Tomlin and Alan Cumming, to benefit the Courage Campaign Institute and the new phase of our “Testimony” project, which we’ll be rolling out later this month. It’s very exciting.

Yesterday, the New York Times reported there might be a little bit of a Valentine’s crush going on between Terrence and Courage’s founder/chair Rick Jacobs:

February 11, 2011

Psst, So-and-So’s Got a Crush

By PHILIP GALANES

MOST of us entertain little crushes on folks in the public eye. Don’t bother denying it. There may be dashes of physical attraction (hello, Rafa Nadal), but just as often, our fancies run to the wildly ingenious (Mark Zuckerberg), or wickedly funny (Amy Sedaris), the purely inspiring (President Obama in Tucson) or all of the above (Kim Kardashian — kidding!).

But what about our celebrity crushes themselves? Who are they obsessed with? Herewith, a few of my infatuations — and their own crushes du jour.

[...]

TERRENCE McNALLY has been writing plays (and winning Tony Awards) for 40 years. But you’d never know how long it’s been from how fresh his work feels. From “Lips Together, Teeth Apart” to “Master Class,” his plays move and dazzle.

His crush: “I’m a sucker for a man with a mission. My most recent crush is Rick Jacobs, the founder of the Courage Campaign, an organization dedicated to marriage equality.”

Have you met him? “This fall, he produced an anti-Prop 8 benefit reading of my play ‘Some Men’ to a packed house in Los Angeles. Now he’s taking the show on the road to promote Testimony, a Courage Campaign project that puts real names and faces to the issue of same-sex marriage rights.”

Rick and Terrence, sitting in a tree :)

The whole piece is fun to read. Alec Baldwin, Michael Cunningham, Amy Poehler, and other fun people are on the list, too.

But in reality, all that you’ve done has helped make Courage’s work a success. We were talking about the piece internally yesterday and everyone agreed it’s you who drive our work.

Stay tuned for more on the Testimony project.

Oh, and Happy early Valentine’s Day!

• 1. adambink  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:19 am

As long as we're on the topic, I'll admit it, I have a secret crush on LLB. There, I said it.

• 2. Kate  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:27 am

I have two …… Kathleen and Anonygrl.

• 3. Kate  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:28 am

PS — but don't tell them.

• 4. Kate  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:29 am

Oh, and Therese whats-her-name from the Prop 8 trial. Can I have 3 crushes? Or is there a limit?

• 5. Kathleen  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:37 am

I have lots of crushes on people from P8TT – but they're secret. :)

• 6. Kathleen  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:38 am

<3 Kate

• 7. Carpool Cookie  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:41 am

That's a kind of interesting question.

I have fantacized about sending Judge Walker a note wishing him a happy retirement, we meet in Los Angeles, then run away together.

I would prefer a husband who didn't work….maybe on a desert island.

• 8. Carpool Cookie  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:43 am

But San Francisco would be okay to…..if he's reading this!!

• 9. Sagesse  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:45 am

I'll never tell.

• 10. Carpool Cookie  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:45 am

Oh noes……I meant "too"

G-damn it. I bet that typo just ruined our whole future : (

• 11. Sheryl Carver  |  February 12, 2011 at 3:50 am

You never know, Cookie, he might be quite intrigued by what was being proposed by the "…" following the "to." :-)

• 12. Ray in MA  |  February 12, 2011 at 4:13 am

[youtube

13. Carpool Cookie  |  February 12, 2011 at 4:29 am

Hmmm…..maybe leaving out the comma was a good thing as well, then!

Sort of like a subliminal message?

Whatever it takes!

• 14. AnonyGrl  |  February 12, 2011 at 4:39 am

All of you people are invited to Feed Equality's

VIRTUAL VALENTINE'S RENDEZVOUS!

One of the fun and silly games planned is the Cupid Game, where you get to secretly smooch your crush, and send people on frivoulous virtual dates! Do you know who should be hooked up? Come tell Cupid, and she will see what she can do!!!

Hope to see you all there!

• 15. AnonyGrl  |  February 12, 2011 at 4:40 am

Don't tell them, but I have crushes on Kate and Kathleen too!

• 16. AnonyGrl  |  February 12, 2011 at 4:42 am

OH! I forgot to say… it is tomorrow, Sunday the 13th, from 12-3 PST, 3-7 EST… You can figure out what it is in the middle.

Join us for the whole party, or just pop in when you can!

• 17. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:09 am

I have secret crushes on AnnS, Kathleen, Anonygrl and Rhie. (but don't tell them, I am still trying to find a way to send them secret valentines on facebook : )

• 18. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:10 am

I will be there in my red gown, tiara, 6" heels and hearts, flowers and candy for some secret people : )

• 19. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:11 am

Awe, adam, you are so sweet. I crush you back : )

• 20. Kate  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:16 am

I'm a Maybe. (As in, maybe I can figure out how to get into the chat room.) By the way, does Feed Equality have stickers available? I'm going to be able to donate lots of eggs this year to the local soup kitchen, and I'd like to label the cartons as from Feed Equality.

• 21. Maria Lantz  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:20 am

Watching

• 22. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:21 am

Yes we do. I think you are one of my facebook friends…if not, and you are a friend of any of the FE members, they can email you the pdf, you can just print on avery stickers (it's already set up.)

Fantastic on the donation of eggs.

• 23. Kate  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:23 am

I'll FB you from my dog's account, which is how I do my limited FB interaction.

• 24. AnonyGrl  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:48 am

I am wiggly all over from my secret crushes having secret crushes on ME!

• 25. Ronnie  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:48 am

I curshin' big time for…

; ) …Ronnie

• 26. Ronnie  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:51 am

ROFL…woah typo…crushin'….don't watch "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" & type at the same time… <3…Ronnie

• 27. Tim in Sonoma  |  February 12, 2011 at 5:57 am

Happy Valentines Day to all of you on P8TT!
    Your little secret crush conversation got me to thinking, I have four secret crushes.
    Doesn't Brian have a secret crush on Rupaul?

• 28. Rich  |  February 12, 2011 at 6:37 am

Just had some fun over on the NOM blog site. Maggie's just had her 7th strike out with speeches at CPAC. She just can't seem to find a viable Presidential candidate that will spew all things anti-gay. She keeps coming up with D's and an occasional F as grades for their social conservative and marriage stands. Looks like she won't be giving out any kisses on Valentine's Day at CPAC. By the way, wasn't NOM going to boycott CPAC?

• 29. Kathleen  |  February 12, 2011 at 6:45 am

I read somewhere that NOM is boycotting, but Maggie was going to speak there under some capacity other capacity her association with NOM (maybe under her "Professional Bigot" job title?)

• 30. Kathleen  |  February 12, 2011 at 6:46 am

hmmm… let me try again: "… under some capacity other than her association with …"

• 31. Stephen  |  February 12, 2011 at 7:31 am

I signed up for PROP 8 updates, at least that is how this feed started out and was advertised. I am just amazed how much is totally NOT related to Prop 8 at all!

• 32. AnonyGrl  |  February 12, 2011 at 7:38 am

LOL I thought you were telling us you had a crush on yourself, Ronnie! Which I thought was marvelous!

Secret Smoochies for Ronnie (from me… so not that secret)

• 33. AnonyGrl  |  February 12, 2011 at 7:42 am

Not at the moment, Stephen… but when Prop 8 business is going on, this is a good place to get links to the paperwork, live blogs from the court sessions, major discussions about the law…

But we do talk about other things, including lots of other court cases and states voting and anti-gay groups and political happenings and newspaper stories, and occasionally we have some fun too!

Happy Valentine's Day!

• 34. Ray in MA  |  February 12, 2011 at 8:11 am

OK, I'll play the game… I've had a 30 year crush…

on my husband.

• 35. Straight for Equalit  |  February 12, 2011 at 8:44 am

• 36. Kate  |  February 12, 2011 at 9:23 am

I guess I should also 'fess up to my lifelong crush on Joan Baez………

• 37. Carpool Cookie  |  February 12, 2011 at 9:57 am

Oh boy. Well, if the gate's wide open…

Robert Mitchum, Clint Eastwood, director David Fincher, Linus Roache (despite the possibility of taking his last name)…

I guess the actor who was in Godfather III and The Mombo Kings doesn't count, because I can never remember his name…?

• 38. JonT  |  February 12, 2011 at 10:22 am

And… ditto! :)

• 39. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 12, 2011 at 11:11 am

Well, at least I know I'm not the only one with a crush on Rick Jacobs, LOL! I feel as though I am in good company on that one!

• 40. Tomato  |  February 12, 2011 at 11:54 am

Crushin' on Lady Gaga (seriously? Lady Gagal!?!?) because I absolutely love her song "Born This Way." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4a8QtvOkBQ

• 41. Tomato  |  February 12, 2011 at 11:58 am

and more fan-crush for Pink for her song "Raise Your Glass" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjVNlG5cZyQ

• 42. Ray in MA  |  February 12, 2011 at 12:49 pm

You have to admit it sounds a lot like Madonna. (a lonf distant cousin of mine)

• 43. Ray in MA  |  February 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm

…in my family tree.

• 44. Taelyn  |  February 12, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Aw, so cute!! Hmm, secret crushes…does it count if it's a bandmate of mine?

Okay, okay, not my bandmate. But seriously, it would probably be Otep. I opened for her once…it was a hot stage up there, yes ma'am…

• 45. Sagesse  |  February 12, 2011 at 11:33 pm

New study of adoptive families and mental health.

Warning: Anti-Gay States May be Hazardous to Your Health

• 46. Sagesse  |  February 12, 2011 at 11:52 pm

From CPAC. Thought provoking article.

Young Gay Conservatives Say Their Time has Come

• 47. Sagesse  |  February 13, 2011 at 12:36 am

And from the other side… be interesting to see how next year's CPAC turns out.

“There are not enough African-Americans, Hispanics and other minorities here. That diversity is critical – you don’t need to change your value system to attract more diversity into the movement… [but] I’m not going to – for the sake of being inclusive – change the principles that have made the movement what it is,” said Cardenas.

Makes your skin crawl… shudder. Let's be clear on which outsiders are sort of welcome here.

• 48. Ronnie  |  February 13, 2011 at 12:41 am

SSShhhhh….myself doesn't know I am crushin' on myself…I'm sending myself some Godiva & an Abercrombie & Fitch gift card (because, you know, that's what we gays do) for Valentines Day…….LOL, I wanted to say I have a crush on everybody but somebody already said that…so I went with "…"….maybe I should have typed out "dot, dot, dot"……anywho…Now that you mention it, I do think everybody should have a little crush on themselves so it makes them reach & strive for their better selves. That unattainable perfect version. We should always reach for that person. It might well be the one crush that never fades….my art teacher in middle school taught me that….she is very grounded & self aware person….I'm glad she is one of the people who helped mold me into the person I am today….woah…It is little early for me be to getting all philosophical ….going to get breakfast now….secret xoxo for AnonyGrl….<3…Ronnie

• 49. Ronnie  |  February 13, 2011 at 12:46 am

Photo: Cynthia Nixon And Christine Marinoni With Their Baby Boy http://www.towleroad.com/2011/02/photo-cynthia-ni

awe…Max Ellington Nixon-Marinoni is adorable….congratulations to Cynthia & Christine….<3…Ronnie

• 50. Sheryl Carver  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:18 am

20 years ago I drove into California with my dogs & cats after 3 days on the road. My furniture was going to be delivered the next day, & I was looking forward to a nice dinner & going to bed (on my camping mat). Got the animals settled in & eagerly headed off to a nice restaurant I'd found on my house-hunting trip a few weeks before.

When I got there, I noticed it was very crowded. Asked how long it would take to be seated. Was asked in turn if I had a reservation.
    "No."
    "Oh, sorry, we can't help you."
    "Is there another place nearby that you can recommend?"
    "Not tonight."
    "Why not?"
    Person looks at me like I'm from another planet. "Because it's Valentine's Day."
    "Oh."

My only excuse is that I hadn't been in any kind of relationship for years, I'd been traveling for days across places that didn't have much radio reception, & had been so tired each night that I didn't even watch TV. So I missed all the Valentine's Day buildup.

Ended up with take-out pizza & a bottle of wine, seated on the floor of my new home. & yes, I shared some with the dogs & cats, who were very polite & didn't try to steal any.

Think I'll celebrate my 20-year anniversary here with another pizza & some wine, but this time I have a table & chairs. :)

• 51. Sagesse  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:22 am

Maryland Lt Gov Brown on the legislative timetable. He'd be a good governor.

Thomas Roberts Looks Forward To Marrying In Maryland

• 52. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:31 am

awe – you so rock – congrats to you both. Happy VD

• 53. Sagesse  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:33 am

The Portsmouth Herald editorial board opposes NH repeal. Eloquent and reasoned.

Gay marriage repeal wrong in many ways

• 54. JPM  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:57 am

Help get PPP to poll Rhode Island on Marriage Equality!

Please go here and select Rhode Island.

See this article at Pam's House Blend for more details.

Thank you!

• 55. JPM  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:58 am

p.s. No signups, no hassle. Just a click or two.

• 56. Sagesse  |  February 13, 2011 at 2:22 am

Voted.

• 57. JPM  |  February 13, 2011 at 2:26 am

Thanks!

• 58. JonT  |  February 13, 2011 at 3:40 am

It be done.

• 59. Ray in MA  |  February 13, 2011 at 3:48 am

The major OBSTACLE to success in RI Marriage Equailty is:

M. TERESA PAIVA WEED
    President of the RI Senate

Based on her record, she is a puppet of the local Catholic Bishop.

All we have to do is convince her (which i don't think can be done)

Anyone up for the challenge?

Contact: http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/paivaweed/Contact.ht

• 60. Sagesse  |  February 13, 2011 at 4:06 am

I realize the president of the Senate has the ability to keep a bill from coming to the floor (which is a good thing with Mike Gronstal), but it the senators want to vote, can they sway her?

• 61. Carpool Cookie  |  February 13, 2011 at 4:24 am

What's the history of using the term "civil union" in the Marriage Equality movement?

Maybe it's always been there…but I seem to have spotted it about three times this week, and it always throws me.

We've used "civil marriage" to differentiate from "religious marriage", both applying to opposite sex couples and same sex couples in the states that honor it. So when I see "civil unions" it's really confussing, because I would consider "civil marriage" to also be a "civil union".

I guess it depends on how the law is worded in whatever state is being discussed. But I've always thought of civil, same sex registrations that are not same sex marriage as being "domestic partnerships".

Anyone else…?

• 62. Kathleen  |  February 13, 2011 at 4:52 am

I don't know the history of the term "civil union," but the way I always see it used is to mean what we call a domestic partnership in California – that is, an alternative to marriage. Some jurisidictions offer them to os couples as well as ss couples, but they are a separate institution from marriage and leave marriage, even the civil version of it, open only to os couples.

Some states offer domestic partnerships, some offer civil unions, but they're never really equivalent to marriage. If DOMA were to disappear tomorrow, the feds would recognize same-sex marriages from the states that allow it, but it would take changes in the federal laws/policies to recognize states' civil unions or domestic partnerships for federal benefits.

There have been some attempts to remove the word "marriage" from the debate by changing the terminology for ALL civil marriages (ss and os couples alike) and preserving the word marriage for the religious, non-state-sanctioned ceremony, but as far as I know, this has never been done in any U.S. jurisdiction.

• 63. Ray in MA  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:03 am

Yes, that's what's going on now… thwy can TRY to sway her, but she's a tough one… and it doesn't look good.. she helped defeat the bill last year (and maybe the year before?) She may possibly agree to a CU. She's been elected multiple tmies on a Catholic vote.

• 64. karen in kalifornia  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:10 am

Are you English or from Europe?
    In America a civil union does not equal civil marriage. In America, states issue marriage licenses….couples are married by officiants who can then sign the all important marriage certificate…..can be all sort of people, but ALL ministers, pastors, priests are officiants and can sign the marriage certificate. Hence much confusion in the term since so many marriages are done is churches.
    In the US a civil marriage is FULL marriage (at least at the state level). Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships are that second tier legal relationship gays and lesbians are allowed in a handful of states outside of the 6 jurisdictions that allow ss marriage.
    And the rest of what Kathleen said.

• 65. Ann S.  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:12 am

Double ditto!

• 66. Sagesse  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:13 am

Can she stop the Judiciary Committee (or whatever committee) from debating it and sending it to the full Senate? The House leadership is working on them too.

• 67. Ray in MA  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:17 am

When asked about it [by] a reporter Sunday night at a fund-raiser for U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, Paiva Weed quickly walked away without answering.

• 68. AnonyGrl  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:31 am

Hey folks! We are having an on line event… right now… log on through FaceBook and come to Feed Equality's Virtual Valentine Rendezvous!

• 69. Steve  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:37 am

CUs are often understood to be closer to marriage than DPs. They differ in the way the contract is sealed. DPs are just registries. You fill out some forms and that's it. CUs however usually require at least a civil ceremony. And if you dissolve one, the proceedings are like a divorce.

The existence of DPs that have all the rights of marriage (like in CA and WA) muddles this a bit. Those should really be called CUs too.

• 70. Bob  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:41 am

Interesting to be looking at these definitions again,,, throughout the course we've been determined to have the same access to the word marriage, and have our unions be referred to as marriages,,, it's back to the fight over who has the right to that word,,, and I think everyone does,

from my experience,,, we here in Canada referred to domestic partnerships as common law partnerships,, anyone not wanting to enter into a marriage,, could choose to be classed as living common law, for the purpose of sharing property and benefits,,, in fact I believe even if you choose not to self define yourself as common law, after one year if your relationship dissolves the courts consider you as a common law partnership for the division of assets if you ask them to be involved because of disagreements…

I hope the goal still would be marriage for everyone,, but have no problem with using civil unions as a stepping stone, It's like a middle ground,, obviously some people are okay with that and see it as a step forward for them, the goal being that a civil union legally derfines the relationship as more than mere friends for sure, if anyone needs to question it, and we know there are many that would stand between a couple and there rights, in many ways,,, for the time being civil unions will address that problem

the distinction between civil marriages being changed to civil unions for all, and marriage being preserved for the religious ceremony I think is a red herring,,,,, I prefer civil marriages for all who choose marriage,,, and the church could come up with a further clarification , remember only some churches will want to do that……

the way I see it is marriage is the goal,, and we will achieve it…..presently the landscape in America is changing hudge strides are being made in the patchwork, we are now looking at which states allow marriage and which don't,, we are already seeing the change to which states alllow civil unions and which alllow marriage,,,, the patchwork is looking more positive

the march towards equality would be greatly impacted by the removal of DOMA,,, and at some point it will get there, to the federal level, where there is power to influence cilvil rights across the board,,,, remember those politicians who have already made the switch to seeing it as a civil rights issue,,,,, that movement will grow

• 71. karen in kalifornia  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:51 am

Good distinction. Here in California, my dp and I got "notarized" at the bank. Woohoo. We have to go through Family Court ie. get a divorce if we want to dissolve it.

I often think it's a west coast/east coast thing as CA, WA and OR all have DPs rather than CUs.

• 72. karen in kalifornia  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:54 am

BTW, here in the US all states that allow for "common law" marriages define them as one man/one woman in the statutes defining them. Does not refer to ss couples ever.

• 73. Ann S.  |  February 13, 2011 at 5:59 am

Congrats on the 20-year anniversary, Sheryl!

• 74. Kate  |  February 13, 2011 at 6:01 am

I'd forgotten about that ….. interesting loophole, eh?

• 75. adambink  |  February 13, 2011 at 6:16 am

It's pretty good. Definitely a club-ready dance song.

• 76. fiona64  |  February 13, 2011 at 6:21 am

Oh, are we 'fessing up?

David Bowie, Albert Finney, Gerard Butler and guitarist extraordinare Laurence Juber.

Yep, yep.

And that guy I married, too, of course.

Love,
    Fiona

• 77. Carpool Cookie  |  February 13, 2011 at 7:02 am

"the distinction between civil marriages being changed to civil unions for all, and marriage being preserved for the religious ceremony I think is a red herring,,,,,

Yes. It's just a baaaaad idea. And how would non-religious straight couples (who forego a church ceremony) feel about not being "married"? Probably not great.

Part of the goal, just on a practical level, seems to me to be about making things simpler and unified, not making them more complicated.

• 78. Ann S.  |  February 13, 2011 at 7:09 am

@CC, you've hit the nail on the head. DH and I got married in a church, but if we had to do it again we probably wouldn't go to a church to get married. But we would want to be married, not have a civil union.

If we start messing with the many existing marriages in this country we will lose many supporters. I believe marriage IS a civil contract, plus it is a religious pact for those who believe in that — but first and foremost it is a civil contract with legal rights and obligations.

• 79. Sheryl Carver  |  February 13, 2011 at 7:17 am

Thank you, Ann!

A lot has happened in the past 20 years, including things which have kept me in the SF Bay area. I had intended to stay for only 5 years or so, but so many things changed! I still want to move to a less expensive area, but that is unlikely to happen for a few more years, after I retire. At the moment, a rural area in Washington (state) or Oregon sounds wonderful.

• 80. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 13, 2011 at 10:00 am

Apparently Chick-Fil-A is holding Bring A Date Day tomorrow, if our local one here in Fayetteville is any indicator. BZ and I are planning on crashing the party since they are giving prizes all day. And we are taking our marriage certificate from CT with us. When I ask for my prize and they ask where my date is, I will simply reply, "Well, I would think that my husband would count as my date!" And when they try to say that we aren't married, I will show them the proof. Does that count as a Valentine's day action for marriage equality?

• 81. Ann S.  |  February 13, 2011 at 10:12 am

You bet! Go, Richard and BZ!

• 82. Kathleen  |  February 13, 2011 at 10:26 am

You bet it does!

• 83. Mark M (Seattle)  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:30 pm

AWESOME!!
    Can't wait for the story Rich!

• 84. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 13, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Also thinking about taking Karen Kodak with us for pictorial proof!

• 85. Ronnie  |  February 14, 2011 at 2:55 am

Happy Singles Awareness Day!!!!!!!!!!!!……<3…Ronnie:

• 86. fiona64  |  February 14, 2011 at 3:33 am

Love,
    Fiona

• 87. Ronnie  |  February 14, 2011 at 3:44 am

Do it…Do it…Do it!!!!!!…. ; ) ….Ronnie

• 88. AnonyGrl  |  February 14, 2011 at 4:00 am

Go Richard!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!

You rock!

• 89. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 14, 2011 at 4:37 am

Okay, we went to the Chick-Fil-A Bring a Date Day, and it actually went without a hitch! Needless to say, I was very surprised. We are now entered into the Chick-Fil-A prize drawings, for prizes such as a year of FREE Chick-Fil-A, a couples massage at Renaissance European Day Spa, and another prize. We also left there with free ice cream for each of us, a long-stemmed rose which I sent with BZ to my mother-in-law, two free day passes to Renaissance, and two coupons for Renaissance that are each good for $10 off a list of different services. I even had our marriage license with me in my pocket just in case, but did not need to pull it out. At least we let them know that we are here, and that you will not exclude us!
    I also was able to give one of my business cards to one of the hourly managers who just moved here from Myrtle Beach, because he asked me what Scentsy is!

• 90. AnonyGrl  |  February 14, 2011 at 4:57 am

Which goes to show that sometimes PEOPLE, despite what seems to be POLICY, are inclined to do the right thing! Thanks for doing this and getting back to us, and it warms my heart that you were not obliged to prove anything, that you were treated well, and that the folks at that store were good people.

Happy Valentine's Day Richard and BZ! And everyone!

• 91. Mark M - Seattle  |  February 14, 2011 at 6:13 am

Thank you both for being the face of the LGBT community there today Richard.
    I am very proud of both of you!

• 92. Mark M - Seattle  |  February 14, 2011 at 6:14 am

Love you Ronnie :-)

• 93. fiona64  |  February 14, 2011 at 6:33 am

Just tagging on to AnonyGrl.

Richard, your story warmed my heart by reminding me (on a day when I desperately needed it) that there are some good people out there.

Love,
    Fiona

• 94. Ann S.  |  February 14, 2011 at 6:36 am

Well done Richard, BZ, and Chick-Fil-A!!!

• 95. Richard A. Jernigan  |  February 14, 2011 at 7:44 am

Thanks, everybody! I have to admit, it really felt good knowing that there is at least one LGBT couple in the drawings they will be having!

• 96. Rhie  |  February 14, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Watching

• 97. Ronnie  |  February 15, 2011 at 1:10 am

; ) ….Ronnie

• 98. Lesbians Love Boies  |  February 15, 2011 at 1:13 am

Kate, did you get them?

• 99. Ķĭŗîļĺę&  |  February 15, 2011 at 3:25 am

I have crushes on anybody whose name begins with "K"… Seriously… And, of course, there is this one guy on "F", but that's a different story :)

Kevy

• 100. Ronnie  |  February 20, 2011 at 5:32 am

I know, late to reply…anyway…I'm glad it turned into a peaceful & happy V-day memory rather then something that could have been a dark cloud….awesome job….Yay for Richard & BZ!!!!!……<3…Ronnie