October 25, 2010
We’ll be posting some of our best videos on Tuesday, but Jeremy just put up this Good As You cross-post, with a brief breakdown of the Des Moines speeches and NOM’s all-too-predictable Judge Bus talking points, via Steve King, Brian Brown and yes, the one and only Rep. Louis Gohmert. Previous Iowa posts can be read under our “NOM Tour Tracker-Iowa” category. — Eden
By Jeremy Hooper
- “The people” vs the “arrogant, rogue judges”
- Ensuring that the law passes the constitutional smell test (i.e. the very role of a judge) is somehow “making law” for the first time in U.S. civil rights history.
- “The people” have somehow earned the right to vote on a minority population’s freedoms.
- Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) acting like he’s an Iowa expert.
- Generalized contempt (oftentimes accompanied with actual groans) for the independent judiciary, California, Connecticut, and, oh yeah – freedom.
It was a busy day of pushing deliberately unsophisticated talking points into the Hawkeye State, in hopes of firing three learned, accomplished people who did nothing more than their jobs: