August 22, 2010
By Eden James
Because of you, the Prop 8 Trial Tracker has now attracted nearly 3 million views and 55,218 comments have been posted since the site launched in January. But, because this case will likely carry on for a number of months if not years, this is just the beginning.
As we transition here from Adam, Arisha, Anthony, Phyllis, Danny and Robert’s amazing NOM Tour Tracker coverage back to regular coverage of the Prop 8 trial, I thought today might be a good opportunity to remind you of a few ways you can help support our work — and support each other.
With that in mind, please consider the following opportunities to write, fan, follow, join, share, and support…
- WRITE: Would you like to write on the front page for Prop 8 Trial Tracker? Because the Prop 8 Trial Tracker community is such an incredible reservoir of talented writers, we put a call out on Friday for guest writers to diversify our voices on the front page and build this community even more. You can find all the details in Adam’s post on Friday. If you’re not interested in writing, you can still nominate your fellow commenters in the comments section on his post — which has developed into a quite a robust discussion. We’re interested in your opinion, if you haven’t expressed it already.
- FAN: Would you like to get to know your fellow Trial Trackers on Facebook? Please join the Prop 8 Trial Trackers official Facebook group. It was started by Calvin, a Trial Tracker, back in January and the page just hit 2,000 members and counting. You can also become a fan of the Courage Campaign and our Testimony: EqualityOnTrial.org campaign to bring the Prop 8 trial into the lives of Americans. And don’t forget to become a fan of the American Foundation for Equal Rights as well.
- FOLLOW: Do you Tweet? Click the following links to follow the Courage Campaign @CourageCampaign, our Testimony: Equality on Trial campaign, and the American Foundation for Equal Rights @AmerEqualRights.
- JOIN: Would you like to receive email updates on the trial as well as from Courage? Sign up here to receive breaking-news alerts and other developments in the case. You’ll receive an average of two email messages per week, which include opportunities to take action together, along with our 700,000 other members and supporters.
- SHARE: Tell your friends about Prop 8 Trial Tracker. With the news about the trial going “mainstream”, more and more people are hearing about Prop 8 and the injustice caused by it. If you Google “Prop 8 trial” right now, the Prop 8 Trial Tracker is the first result that comes up. Let’s keep that going!
- SUPPORT: Unlike organizations funded by corporations, the Courage Campaign Institute relies on small donations from thousands of people to make projects like P8TT, NOM Tour Tracker, Testimony, the Courageous Families Photo Project and The Wedding Matters possible. Without your support, we could not continue supporting these projects. To help us keep covering the trial, can you support the Trial Tracker by contributing to the Courage Campaign Institute?
Thank you so much for making the Prop 8 Trial Tracker such a success. And thank you for continuing to build this community into a national water cooler over these many months. It’s been amazing to witness.
Feel free to use this as an Open Thread to discuss whatever is on your mind, share links, and connect on this beautiful Sunday…